The VetWORKS Program is a training, certification, and employment program of Able-Disabled Advocacy that will assist unemployed Veterans residing in San Diego County who have separated from the to increase their job skills and assist them in entering civilian employment. All those enrolled are expected to complete a training program and pass a certification exam that will be recognized by local employers. To apply for the program, please fill out program interest form below:
Program Interest Form
Training options include IT, Microsoft Office, and Project Management certifications.
- IT certifications – A+, Network+, Security+, Windows 7 and Microsoft Server 2012
- Microsoft Office Specialist certifications – Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Project
- Project Management certifications – Project Management Professional (PMP) and Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP) certifications for those with project management experience
The length of training varies depending on the track and ability of each participant to learn and retain information. Most IT certifications can be completed within three months. Project Management usually takes four to six months. Persons who spend more time studying will complete it sooner. All classroom training will take place at A-DA’s main office located at 4283 El Cajon Blvd. Suite 110, San Diego, CA 92105. Training is a blend of online learning, “hands on” exercises, and lab exercises and simulations. The office is open from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- Vocational Assessment – Staff will identify skill levels and potential career and training options for those with marketable skills.
- Career Counseling – Case managers work one-on-one with Veterans to identify transferable skills, barriers to employment, and make referrals to resources and training.
- Labor Market Information – Enables Veterans to gather occupational information to assist them in making a career choice in order to direct training or to find a job.
- Job Readiness Training – Resume/Cover letter writing, interview techniques, and the latest job search techniques are discussed in A-DA’s Job Readiness classes.
- Support Services – Veterans may receive assistance for transportation, certification exams, interview clothing, tools, or other work-related assistance.
- Job Search Assistance – Connections with employers, job search review and coaching, and resume critique are available to participants to maximize opportunities for employment.
- Veterans who have separated from the military within the last 48-months
- Veterans with documented disabilities
- Veterans who have been recently incarcerated
|Candidates must be able to participate in training and employment program services at Able-Disabled Advocacy’s main office in City Heights and have the legal right to work in the United States.
|There are three steps in the enrollment process. For more information, please call (619) 231-5990 ext. 323 or 318.
Review the information on the website about VetWORKS and complete a short form of interest.
Follow the instructions that you receive by email and submit the complete A-DA application form, a copy of your resume, and answers to the questions about your experience and career goals.
Complete a reading, math, and PC skills assessment and meet A-DA’s proficiency requirements. You will also interview with our team who will review your application package.
Funded by the California Workforce Investment Board & State of California Employment Development Department.
$500,000 over a 18-month period.
Application of Interest
If you are interested in the VetWORKS Program and you believe that you meet the eligibility requirements, click on the link below to complete program interest form
. You will be given additional instructions to follow. Follow the directions carefully and be as complete as possible. Make sure that you indicate what organization and individual referred you to the program.
Program Interest Form
VetWORKS Office Address
4389 Imperial Ave,San Diego, CA 92113(619) 266-4247